We recommend that you install the most up-to-date version of MDS in order to take advantage of any new features or upgrades.
Download 2.3.2 update for Windows
Download 2.3.2 update for Mac
Don't have MDS? Click here to try it FREE for 30 days.
*New colors added to the color palette
*Color palette arranged in color spectrum order
*Dynamic color palette arrangement allows user to drag color to right-most column
*Dynamic calendar in Design Center now has “Apply” button so that users can see changes with dialog box still open
*Copied text from external programs shows in MDS
*Photos/Page layers rendered properly when spanning pages
*Text changes for text attached to shape
*Set Photo as Background option does NOT show if more than one photo is selected
*Paper Rip option does NOT show if more than one object selected
*Attach to Shape option does NOT show as available when a photo (or page layer) and shape are selected
*Improved installer for the MDS Trial and MDS software to combat issues with computer antivirus and power settings.
*Improved stamp redrawing efficiency to eliminate a memory problem with high resolution images.
*Preview functions properly for high resolution, rotated stamp brush images.
*Recognizes changes to print settings for Epson printers with the EasyPrint interface.
*Improved stamp image coloring functionality on color reset for entire image.
*Properly calculates changes to project size between inches and pixels.
*Adjustments to handle SVG stamp files such as border images.
*Optimizations to the canvas rendering process.
* Automatic software updating
* Simplified top toolbar
* Metric measurements (millimeter and centimeter) options added to rulers
* Professional Print Services login: automatically detects user’s country with option to manually change
* Larger (1/8" more) bleed areas for swatchbooks, postcards, greeting cards, and trifold cards.
* Removal of multimedia features
* Default image import changed to All Image Types instead of JPEG images
* Recolor embellishment dialog box does not shift based on the canvas zoom level
* SVG stamp object reset error
* Various other minor bug fixes
- Added Quick Settings templates to the Print at home options. Now includes the ability to reuse the same page multiple times on a single sheet.
- Mac OS X – Fixed an issue with keyboard response in the Print At Home window.
- Fixed issues with existing Quick Settings templates so that pages are rotated correctly.
- Faster program performance
- Freeform brush layer: Easier to see paint area when it’s added to project
- Photo pixilation warning: Ability to deselect warning from all projects
- Photo box: Ability to deselect automatic crop dialog on all projects
- On-screen design and JPG image resolution properly match
- Additional blank page for barcode added to board book export
- Rip edge for Designer Series Paper layer and photo box working properly
- Drag and drop fixes
- Interactive album creation functions correctly
Intuitive print from home: Print from home more easily
Quick print templates: Print from home “quick print” templates for cards and tags
Enhanced thumbnails: Enjoy improved thumbnail images in the Resource Palette preview
Crop on export: Save a cropped portion of a project
Artwork organization: Customize artwork organization in the Design Center
- Layers palette: Easily edit layers from the Resource Palette
- Supply list: See a supply list for the entire project, broken out by page
- Recolor embellishments, Designer Series Paper, and photos: Preview the recolor option before you change it
- Manage custom groups: Rename or delete custom groups within the software
- Batch photo effects: Apply photo effect on selected pages
- Resolution preview: Right-click an object to preview in high resolution
Enhanced photo drag and drop: Crop dialog box automatically pops up after photo is inserted
Drop shadow on ripped paper or photos functions correctly
Splatter function improved
Output files and print products match images on screen in the software
Grouped items span pages
Make non-proportionate changes to objects
Radius corner rounding lowered to five
Thumbnail reordering fix
Print Ordering improvements
- Lower print prices on all print products
- Crop punches: Show off part of the punch and hide the rest
- Paper rip option: Create torn edges with Designer Series Paper, card stock, and photos
- Import from other project: Toggle between projects to import elements onto current project
- Multiple page view options: View your page with trimmed bleed areas (in addition to viewing in single pages and spreads)
- Can add a punch or stamp after searching when no category is selected
- Support double-click in punches dialog
- Mac OS X – Can rotate italicized text
- Splatter functions correctly
- Print products ordering improved
- Uploading projects from Shopping Cart to digital print service fixed - Naming mismatch fixed.
- Punch Shape alignment: rotated punches align correctly
- Projects from original software open correctly in MDS 2
- Logo page automatically added to back of individual pages
- Greeting card professional print options show correct bleed area
- Selected objects can be moved or resized after switching between spread and single page design views
- Moving and resizing objects in the spread pages design view improved (There are still some knows issues with the spread pages design view that will be addressed in a future update)
- Board book cover labels correct in thumbnails
- Board book covers properly identified with the digital print service
- All punches appear with Global Searching
- When zoomed in at 200% or higher, objects on the canvas will move with the mouse and will be nudged with arrow keys
- Resource Center: The 11x8.5 Photo Layout displaying correctly
- Shipping Address dialog properly validates the address information before allowing the user to click the "Proceed to Checkout" button
- Canvas Guides: Snap to guide feature functioning correctly
- Starter lines: After right clicking on any object on the canvas or a page in the pages list, the starter line options function correctly
- Drop shadows working properly with cropped stamps
- Grouped, and then flipped or mirrored objects will print correctly
- Users with Mac OS X 10.5 and earlier can print projects with professional print services
- Projects will upload correctly and completely to the Shopping Cart when ordering with the professional
- Windows - The Check for Updates function is functioning correctly
- Splatter functionality displayed (naming mismatch fixed)
- Starter lines in freeform always active
- Designer Templates from New Project Options screen created with correct canvas size
- August print promotion pricing displayed when ordering
- JPGs and high res preview match canvas visual
Find more information for the original My Digital Studio software here.